The Old Castle is strategically situated on a high plateau from which there are panoramic views. A Clairvoire (which translates as ‘clear view’) was created on one corner of this plateau in about 1790, looking over the Park to the New Castle. The iron gates were made by Henry Denning, a local brazier and ironmonger. The Clairvoire is situated at the end of the mock-crenellated wall, put up in 1756. Having taken their visitors through Earl Henry’s Bridge and up to the ruins, the Digby family could show them the views from the Clairvoire. Together, these two features can be seen as the final stage of the landscaping of the Park in the 18th century.